|Mrs S Horton – Head of Department|
In Year 7 the topics of study focus on the question ‘Whose world is it anyway?’
- Topics include:
- Who are the Royal Family
- Who has more power: The King or Parliament?
- Power struggles between the crown and the church
In Year 8 the topics of study focus on the question ‘Where on Earth…?’
- A study of different time periods in British History: The Tudors and religious changes
- An investigation into an aspect of European History: How has Migration changed the world?
- A case-study into the slave trade
In Year 9 the topics of study focus on the question ‘Can one act change the world?’
- The Industrial Revolution
- The world at war
- American History
For GCSE, students investigate three modules which are examined:
- A study in Depth (British History): Depression, War and Recovery 1930-1951
- A study in Depth (European History): Germany in Transition 1919-1939 (Pupils have an opportunity to sit this exam at the end of Year 10).
- A thematic study: Changes in Health and Medicine from 1340 to the present day.
Pupils will also complete a Non-Examination Assessment:
The effects of war on Wales and England in the twentieth century.
The tasks will focus on two aspects of World War I: (i) the impact on women and (ii) the leadership of the generals.get in touch for more info